Home > F.A.Q.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I remove the battery?
Check out this S6 disassembly video, it will explain clearly what you need to do in order to open up your Galaxy S6 Flat.
- Can I do this mod on an edge device?
Unfortunately, no. Because on edge devices the battery connector is on the opposite side.
- Is it hard to do?
If you have patience the mod is pretty easy. The hardest part is removing the back glass and sticking it back on when you are done.
- What are the risks?
The only risk you are taking, is breaking the back glass. Which if you go slow and have patience, is not going to break.
- What tools do I need?
Its recommended to have: a screwdriver, a suction cup, a thin blade, a hair dryer or hot air gun, a thin piece of plastic like a credit card, and lots of time.
- How much does everything cost?
The battery and tools are pretty cheap, you should be able to get everything for less than 25 USD. If you need a spare back glass, that’s also cheap and often comes with pre-installed adhesive.
- How can I calibrate my battery? To calibrate the battery, simply discharge it until the phone shuts down. Then charge it to 100% without turning it on. Repeat this process 1-2 times.
- My battery is still not calibrated! What can I do?
Check the how to reset your battery stats page.
- Is removing the NFC/Wirelss Charge pad necessary?
Absolutely not. The NFC/WC pad is only 0.33 ~ 0.5 millimeters thick, the benefit you gain by removing it is so little that it’s irrelevant.
- How do I know if my battery is original?
You can measure the capacity (aproximately) with an app called AccuBattery
- I want to go back to the stock kernel!